Organisers: Elaine & David Atkins
David and Elaine Atkins (pictured above) organise the twice monthly 'Jive Nights' at Wykin & District Social Club.
- Doors (and bar) open from 7.30pm, music played until 11.15pm - admission £3.50.
- Jive lessons from 7.30 to 8.30pm (£3.50 per person - no need to book) with qualified teacher Elaine (Fellow of the International Dance Teachers' Association). Lessons take place at every Jive Night.
- Top DJs (Dancin' Dave, Woody, Rockin' Rambler and Dee-Jay-Joe) playing music from the 50's onwards to Jive, Bop and Stroll to. Jive Nights take place on the second and last Friday of the month throughout the year. (The only exceptions: July - no Jive Nights at all in July. December - no Jive Night on the last Friday in December.)
- Wykin & District Social Club has a licensed bar, seating for 120, and an excellent, good-sized, dance floor.
- Hinckley Rock 'n' Roll Club has been based at the Wykin club since March 2007.
- A friendly club - everyone welcome!
- Elaine and David also organise 6-week Learn to Jive Courses in Hinckley - please phone us or see website above for further details.